Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hong Kong to Macau

I understand there is very frequent ferry between Hong Kong and Macau, that's why I did not worry about not getting any tickets or check out the timing. After a nice pork chee cheong fan at the shop downstairs, i left for the Hong Kong - Macau terminal at Shun Tak Centre, Sheung Wan MTR station.

When i reached the Turbojet ticketing counter, it was about 10:20am. The screen about shows that the tickets purchased now is for 11:30am ferry. Wow, so many people is going Macau today! HKD$163 for a economy one way ticket from Hong Kong to Macau. I decided to went in to the boarding area to wait. The whole terminal was crowded, checked the schedule and noted boarding for my ferry is at Gate 5. Found a nice corner and sit down. Good thing, they have WIFI! Short while later, a staff approached me for a tourist survey, questions like, "where are you from", "How long do you stay", "what do you do", etc. After that got a small chinese opera mask collar pin as souvenir. Just nice to keep as a memory, from this trip =)



As the time ticks closer to the departure time, i start to look for Q to join for boarding. Just than i realized something is wrong, i approaches the information and was told i have to go to Gate 1 and not Gate 5. at Gate 1, i saw people q-ing and so i just joined the q. After awhile, i began to suspect if i joined the wrong q again. The Q is not moving and there are people moving straight to the counter infront. So, I came out of the Q and go straight to the counter.

It proofed i was wrong again, the Q was for the next ferry after mine, and so i presented my tickets at the counter, the guy at the counter stick a sticker with nos. and alphabet on my ticket. Not knowing what it was, i just leave it.

Later when i finally board the ferry, found a nice seat on the first row. Just as i put down my bag, i realized people are looking for seats nos. Then i realized the sticker on the ticket is the seat no. allocated. I picked up my bag and we to look for my seat on the upper deck. The ferry seems to be full. The journey took about 1 hour.



I was so shock by the crowd when I reached the Macau ferry terminal custom. The whole immigration hall was packed! I do not think there is even a 30cam x 30cm space empty. I can only squeeze my way in and joined the shortest q i thought. with my 10kg backpack, 1 q for another hour or more before i get that chop on my passport. I had called the hostel earlier to say i will be late to check in as i was suppose to check in by 2pm.



By the time I get to the hostel, it was almost 3:30pm! I was super hungry and dashed out to the nearby McDonals i saw on my way. the upsize meal is so cheap, MOP$23.90, less then SGD$4. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment