Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Weekend in Brisbane

Before this trip, work had been real crazy and I'm totally stressed up!

I was traveling to Sydney & PNG for work and seems like I can stay in Brisbane over the weekend after PNG for a short relaxing weekend from the crazy work recently. 

The decision was definitely right! I am recharged (not totally though) and I'm leaving for real holiday of my own the very next weekend after this. 

No homework done before the trip and I just go as I like and stop as I please. Imagine spending 2+ hours on the River Cat (River public transport in Brisbane) just letting the wind blow on my face not knowing where to go. While I post a picture on fb and friends were recommending I take a walk at the University of Queensland, and then i go there.


Met this painter by the river bank

The Brisbane Story Bridge

UOQ pier

Facade of one of the building in UOQ

I thought it will be cool to drive in Australia and visit Lone pine and Mt Cootha (highly recommended by SJ). 

After some great help from the hotel staff and luck, I managed to get a car last min over the weekend (really lucky). When all the major car rental company runs out of car for the weekend, I managed to reached one company who still has a 4WD, though is more expensive, better than none ya. Got the hotel to help me make the reservation and he even told me he managed to get a small car instead. Mean I save $$. 

On the Sunday when I'm supposed to pick up the car, these 2 gentlemen were infront of me and after that it was my turn. I was told there is an error in the system and that they actually do not have a car for me. Just before I can say anything, the 2 gentlemen before me came back and say there is a mistake in the reservation, they asked for a bigger car and not this small car. So they rejected, needless to say, I got it! Damn lucky huh. Furthermore, I did not need to top up any petrol when returning because I simply did not used too much although I did make quite a few wrong turns and go around in circles. 

I am really lucky. 

Here some picture from Lone Pine and Mount Cootha =)




At Mount Cootha, you get a panorama view of the whole Brisbane city and the drive up was easy and relaxing =)




No comments:

Post a Comment